Saturday, December 15, 2012

Ruffled

Not Really

 

Sometimes, all what is needed is a real simple cardigan with some unexpected woompf. I think that Marilyn's Not-So-Shrunken Cardigan by Wendy Bernard is such a cardigan. Well with one side remark, it is a bit cropped in the original pattern. So after years in my queue, I finally started this one at the end of last month. It is a good design to knit in dark days, as it is mainly stockinette and doesn't require any attention. So for my dark trips to work (both mornings and evenings) it is the kind of project that is needed. But it was very clear to me that I needed to make it longer. So I added one more decrease, followed by a series of increases to get a nice fitted cardigan. I made the hems slightly bigger and for the sleeves I decreased according to the pattern, until a couple of rows before I wanted to cast-of. Then I decreased even more and cast-of using a I-cord cast-of. The result is nice bracelet 3/4 sleeves. 

Brown is a nice neutral colour so I am pretty sure that this cardigan will get worn a lot. The yarn (Silky wool) helps, since it has this slightly nubby look which gives it a slightly rustic feel. It is quite a lightweight yarn, but surprisingly warm.

Not Really

No comments:

Post a Comment