Saturday, November 26, 2011

Sad Case

Sad Case

 

A couple of weeks ago, it happened….. D managed to felt this cardigan that I had made only a couple of months earlier this year. I know accidents do happen, and as one says in Dutch "waar gewerkt wordt vallen splinters"  but still…. It wasn't the first time it happened and yes I got a bit upset. Yes it takes a bit of time to sort the wash, but there is a reason to do it nevertheless…. I guess I was also upset since I had finished it so recently, I hadn't really  worn it a lot either.. And it just hurts…..

 

Anyways D realized that I had reasons to be upset and he bought me replacement yarn. It came earlier this week, so now I have started to make Cecily's Cardigan again. It feels sad to do so, but I did like this little cardie, so…. Anyways it is a quick easy knit, so second time around it will be even better?

A new One

I'm also in a "hat" state of mind. I had a bit of Pashmina left from a Audrey in Unst that I made earlier. Quite a bit actually, so I thought another hat would be perfect for it. It is almost black yarn, but a lace pattern goes well:

Soft Linen Lace Beret

This is a Soft Linen Lace Beret from the Classic Elite newsletter. Quite an easy fast pattern and I really have to say, I love this yarn. It is soft, lovely to work with and the colors are so nice. Just great stuff!

Soft Linen Lace Beret

No comments:

Post a Comment