Sunday, September 11, 2016

Sunny

IMG_0183

 

This time of year, with the students coming back to town and the days in the calendars get filled with appointments and meetings, it is good to remain in summer mood. The Autumn term is always busy, filled with things and quickly before you know it, it is dark and winter is upon us. So a project to keep the sunny up is most welcome… This one for sure is, an easy knit where the yarn does make the project. The yarn in this case is Madelinetosh merino tosh light in chamomile. I love this yarn, a sturdy single ply in such nice colours. Just very good for projects in the Spring or Autumn, when you need some warmth but not too much….

Th pattern for this little sweater is Folded, I started with exactly the pattern, but for the yoke I went my own way. So my sweater doesn’t have the wide neck as the pattern, but I think that work better for me. I did quite extensive short rows to do the shaping and I am pretty pleased with it. It is a near sunny sweater and it will get plenty of ue I think.

Right now I actually don’t really need it, it is unseasonally warm here, so high-summer clothes it is right now, but I will need this sweater soon, too soon in a way... 

1 comment: