Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Night-sky

IMG_9158

 

And it is done, my Polaris is finished. This was a breeze of a knit, no major changes apart from that I made the body quite a bit longer. The one difference I could have made is to redo the bind-off for the neckband, it is all right but it could have been a bit more loose.  I do like this length of sleeves, just warm enough for the time of year, but also going it a bit more “warm part of the year” look.

I used Dandelion for this knit and it is lovely. A merino with a bit of linen. It has the same lovely colours as Madeline Tosh light, but it has a more rustic component. The colour is fitting a Polaris, a dark blue with some hints of purple and some white bits from the linen, just like a starry nigh-sky with Polaris as your guide… It has to be said too, the nights here are getting rapidly shorter and this time of the year there is always a hint of light in the sky. I have never been up-north in Sweden (I am afraid of the mosquitos) but one day….

No comments:

Post a Comment