Saturday, February 16, 2013

Paasbest

Paasbest

 

Somewhere in a photo album is a picture of me as a toddler, wearing a bright new duck-blue coat and it is clearly early spring. Typical "Paasbest", new clothes, clean and shiny, best clothes  for Easter as was the tradition, way back….. When I got this yarn (MadelineTosh  vintage in "well water"), it reminded me of that photo. The coat I was wearing in the photo was a longish A-line coat, so I thought, well maybe I can mimic it and so "Paasbest" was born.

It is only stockinette here, hemmed edges and button bands, pockets with hemmed openings and an I-cord finishing at the neck. And a very gently line of increases giving a slight A-line.  The only "decoration" are real nice BIG buttons I found on Etsy. I love the touch these buttons bring to this coat.

Unfortunately I have only 1 photo of M wearing it for now, she is ill, and really not in the mood for photos and we cannot go outside. It is very gloomy winter weather here, just around 0°C and very monochromatic, since the ground is covered with snow and the sky is overcast and grey… At least this cardigan brings some blue into that….

Paasbest

 

I will make a red version of this soon (DIC classy valentine will be the yarn that time), there some things I want to change just lightly, and then since this time I kept really copious notes, I hope it will make it into a pattern a little bit quicker, maybe before Easter for testing….

No comments:

Post a Comment