Tuesday, December 27, 2011

In Between Days

Loot……

 

The "mellandagarna" (in between days) are upon us. Christmas was quiet this year, no traveling (for the first time in years) and that was actually quite nice. We watched "A miracle on 34th street" (the old black & white one) on Christmas Day and yesterday we went to the movies to watch Arrietty (by Ghibli Studio).  That meant also some knitting time…. Arrietty is really wonderful, just want to stare at all the details, of the house of the borrowers, the doll-house, the meadow and so on and so on…. S wants to go again (already)….

Present-wise, I got some real nice things as well, mitten-kits and a real nice book. First of all, there are so many smart cardigans and sweaters in it, and I also love it that it is details that are high-lighted in the book and most designs are in sports to DK weight, which suits me well, since that is my favorite range as well. But my first item from the book will be in worsted weight; the Albero Cowl.

Book

Why…..well I splurged a little bit just before Christmas and have a Sweater amount of this:

Stash

It is Madelinetosh Erin in "tart" and I think the little jacket will be just perfect in that yarn

So knitwise, I finished Astrid in Quince Lark "Iceland", loads of stockinette followed by a huge cowl in garter. Just the thing that S loves. I a way it is a shame that it is so mild here at the moment, since this is a real good comfy winter sweater.

close-up

and I started this:

Short Rows

a hat in short rows just improvising…. it is a quickie, a "mellanprojekt" for in-between days….

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Astrid is beautiful! I love the garter cuff detail!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Quince & Co patterns are really quite good, and Astrid is no exception. It really works well with their yarn as well. The only change I would make is slightly wider arms (they are very fitted....).

    ReplyDelete