Monday, May 30, 2011

A good thing comes in two.....

 

Lente

 

I had a good productive weekend and actually managed to seam and finish the two cardigans that were laying around. It feels really good. The one above is Lente, the 2nd version. I think this one is actually an improvement, the shoulders are better and the sleeves fit perfect. The gauge of the Classic Silk was just slightly different and there are more stitches in 10 cm than for the Angora Tweed and it works just better. Funny that is since the difference is only very small. I have made very extensive notes, so now I will have to work them out, do grading and write it all up.

LenteLente

The 2nd cardigan is a Norah Gaughan design in Linsey, a linen-cotton blend with lots of drape. A nice small cardigan excellebt for wearing over dresses. It flows and it feels nice to wear. I thought the pattern was very unclear for the shaping at the top of the back so I did my own thing. In the end that meant that I also had to adjust the fronts and the sleeves so that it all fit together. It worked out OK in the end. Here and notice same dress, which actually goes with both these carigans:

OgunquitOgunquit

Ogunquit

No comments:

Post a Comment