Saturday, January 30, 2016

Seeing red

IMG_8827

I seem to knit a lot with red these days. I am not sure how that happened, but I am on my fourth project in a row that features some red or red-like colours. It seems that things come in waves. I knitted striped projects in a row, or I had a period where every other project was blue. Now it is red and in the bleak midwinter it is somehow fitting. Anyways I knitted a beret that was a nice fast knit as I was kind of deciding what to make next.  

IMG_8830

And my next project is a very cheerful red, s small shawl in red&white in Tosh Merino Light. I got this yarn as a grab-bag and the white colour way is called Holi festival and yes it is white with splatters of very vivid colours, just like Holi festival. But I am actually not a big fan of the splatter colour ways, I prefer the more tonal ones where there is a shimmering of very similar colours to create a nice effect. In any case, if you get the yarn very cheap, one shouldn’t complain, so I thought, combined with a more solid colour it might just work for me. So there, combined with a very cheerful red, I think this is a nice combination. And cheery is just what we need! 

 

IMG_8832

After this I have a cardigan planned (in blue) and S wants a sweater (in Grey), end of the period red?

3 comments:

  1. It often happens to me with pink! :) I like this beret a lot. Happy knitting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that knitting with bright colors and staying away from gray and muddy tones in these gray days of January and February is a law, isn't it? :-) As always, loving your choices and admiring your workership.

    ReplyDelete