Saturday, March 19, 2011

Spring time....

LenteLente

Lente is there, even though it snowed just yesterday. I really like how this turned out. It is a warm, tweedy cardigan, but with spring-like as well. Good for this time of the year.

It will also be another challange, since I want to write it down, grade and chart it. New territories to explore. For Quimper Stripes, I still have to grade the sleeves, but otherwise it is almost ready to go to a tech-editor, but this one might even have bigger challenges. It's nice though, I'm learning new things and that is always a good thing.

The other slight problem is the yarn, I really like this yarn (angora-tweed from Yarnstudio/Drops) but it is not produced anymore. So to make it into a real pattern I need a substitute. A tweedy DL weight would be perfect. I'm thinking at the moment about Classic Elite silk and I will look more into that one...

LenteLente

The lace pattern comes from a Japanese pattern book, I adapted it slightly for symmetry reasons. The last time I was in Japan is exactly two years ago and some cherry trees were in flower. The colour of the cardigan reminds me of that blossom. I'm still chocked and worried and hope for the best.

 

Just to remind one that spring is coming, just see

Lente

No comments:

Post a Comment