Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New Here, Lente

I decided to take my knitting stuff from Veberöd Chronicles and place them here... Nice to have an own spot I guess.....

Just to show what I am working on now:

 

LenteLente

 

A cardigan for the after-winter period..... I thought a cardigan with some lace would be nice for the tweedy yarn I got in a sale.  I wanted to have a combinations of bobbles and lace since I think they look nice in a more rustic yarn.  Also bubbles remind me of buds and buds remind me of spring. And spring I do need! After some searching I found what I wanted in a Japanese Pattern book, I adapted it such that the arrangement of the lace on the two fronts panels is mirrored.  It will be a slightly fitted  cardigan with a nice round neckline. The yarn is angora-tweed from Yarnstudio, unfortunately now for the 2nd time discontinued. I think the colour range was way too restricted, but I do like this soft rose which does seem spring-like to me. The angora will keep me warm, since it is still cold here.

The name Lente means "spring" in Dutch, and I'm so looking forward to spring...there is sleet falling right now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment