Monday, June 13, 2016

Seaming done...



So it got seamed….yesterday afternoon my new cardigan was finally finished. This one took a bit of time, the lace was not hard but my row gauge was seriously off which meant that I had to think carefully about the V-neck and the sleeve caps and the whole process did take a bit of time. My stitch could was spot on, so there was no wiggle room. The back was no problem and that got knitted really fast, but as I had to rip and reknit the fronts partly twice, that took a bit more time and I also got slightly tired by it. When I finally had finished the fronts, the sleeves went really fast and that was good. In the end it all worked out and I am quite happy with this one.The yarn ( mostly cotton and a bit cashmere) is nice and soft. It was easy to work with and even though I redid part of the fronts at least twice, no signs of wear. Also this yarn has quite a bit more drape than just a cotton yarn and for a cardigan like this, without much waist shaping, it is required. The colour is nice and cheery. The patterns is quite ok but as I had to follow so much my own path, I didn’t really use it that much, but I do like the lace and the casualness of it. A good one for evenings and colder summer days (like this week….).