Sunday, November 3, 2013

No yarn but...

IMG_3599

It is not that I am not knitting, but this weekend was for other things… Autumn is really here, only a few trees still have leaves and th weather has been autumn as well, rainy, grey and very very windy. There was a real autumn storm last monday (I even had to send someone home since I was afraid he otherwise would get stranded, and indeed trains stopped working that afternoon…) and after that it has just been rain and more of the same. It is dark too, it is not even 16:30 now and it is getting dark outside. Not my favourite time of the year, except...

Except that the autumn harvest comes in and game can be bought in the supermarket and comfort food is at its best right now. So yesterday, big daughter and I baked… Apple slab pie, thanks to Smitten Kitchen. This one contain more apples so it is more a deep dish apple slab, but yummy it is. I love baking and cooking and this time of year, a warm kitchen is a nice thing.

Today I did something completely different. S is into cos-playing and there is an event coming up and she wanted to play Feferi. S had the idea how to make the costume and could I please help with the sewing? So we got fabric and notions and did a bit of research on the internet and I still don’t really know what and who Feferi is, but I think we did a good job with the skirt: 

IMG_3602

I am not very good with a sewing machine, but I am kinda happy with this one. 

IMG_3604

No comments:

Post a Comment