Some yarns just give an idea.... Originally I had bought this yarn (Sock Candy from BMFA) to make a "Darwinia" but it didn't feel right. This yarn is quite stiff and I didn't really think it would work for that pattern. So I put it aside and let it be. Then some weeks ago I thought that a smock pattern would maybe work instead, so that's what I decided to make instead. The smock pattern I have used is a Mock Honeycomb stitch that I found in a Japanse Stitch book. It also can be found in Barbara Walker's first stitch collection. I think it works really well with this yarn. There is also colour variation and only obvious patterns-stitches can be used if one does stil want to see the pattern.
M is happy with it, which is always an important factor too!